Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

My prenatal checkup

When i found out that i was 2 weeks pregnant due to positive pregnancy test, i immediately called my 23 years old niece to accompany me for checkup. But I was just disappointed on what the doctor told me as he told me that i might not pregnant yet and i should come back after 2 weeks to make sure even though i already showed him my pregnancy test. He said that sometimes pregnancy test failed due to some reason and it might just be a false alarm. Though he prescribed me prenatal vitamins, one is folic acid and the other one is a multi vitamins.

1 month passed i even forgot that im pregnant besides i didn't experience any sign and symptoms of pregnancy though my breast are so tender, same thing like im having my menstruation period so i was thinking that maybe the doctor was right, it might just be a false alarm besides i might just be stress that's why i still did not have my period as they said that if your stress there's a tendency that you will going to missed your period due to hormonal change.

I've been busy with my work since its December and we rushed a lot of things. My hubby was so angry that time coz i still did not take my prenatal checkup to make sure if the baby is fine and he even told me that im so selfish to think of just me and my job. I felt so guilty about it and so i decided to take a leave from work just to have my checkup. I didnt go back to the first doctor coz i was not satisfied with his prescription. So I went to another doctor.

Here's what happened during my 2nd prenatal visit.

They started by taking my medical history like if im suffering from what kind of illnesses and etc., and how i have been feeling the past few days. Then they took my weight and have my blood pressure. They also took Urine and blood sample that will also be taken again at later visit. 

They need urine test to check for bacteria in my urine, high sugar levels (which can be a sign of diabetes) and high protein levels (which can put you at risk for pre-eclampsia, a type of high blood pressure during pregnancy). While Blood tests to check for low iron levels (anemia), blood cell count, infectious diseases (such as syphilis and hepatitis) and blood type was also performed.

Then pelvic exam to check the size and shape of my uterus (womb) and a Pap smear to check for abnormalities of the cervix (the opening of the uterus) and lastly, an ultrasound to help figure out when the baby is due or to check on the baby's growth and position in my uterus.

Then after few hours of waiting they finally have the result and here's the findings,  they found out that i have infection in my cervix,  i have UTI(urinary track infection) though they said its really normal for pregnant woman to have UTI, 

also i have a sub-chronic hemorrhage and i also have a low blood cell count though my blood type is O which is a universal type so no problem with it.

I was so shock coz its my first pregnancy and i dont know if these are normal or really happened to all of those pregnant women out there or its just me, though she said that 80% of pregnant women really experience those kind of things. She also added that the baby is fine and that im the one who have problem. 

She handed me her prescription, and all in all i will going to take 7 kinds of medicine. 2 prenatal vitamins, 1 for my cervical infection, 1 for my UTI, 1 to lessen nausea and aside from that i also took Duphaston and Duvadilan for sub-chronic hemorrhage and threatened miscarriage that's why they want me to have 1 week bed rest.
I was very satisfied with the checkup though i never thought how much it cost me including medicine. I just realize that it's not really that easy to get pregnant.


(click image for better view)

1 comment:

  1. Your overview on prenatal check up is very handy on both sexes.At least,there's a forewarning.

    ReplyDelete

 

Disclosure Policy

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino